WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY
Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!
Sunday, December 17, 2017
For the past decade the major décor of our Christmas tree are the White House Ornaments that Macrine and I have collected since 1989.
Attached are some of our favorite ornaments. You can purchase these on line or in the post office for some editions.
In case you are not familiar with these ornaments please visit the sites below:
Friday, December 15, 2017
Is our current POTUS a good Leader? My opinion is a resounding NO! This week POTUS approval rating is at its lowest for only 32%. If he does not stop tweeting showing his arrogance and stupidity, I have a feeling it will go down a couple of percentage lower.
1. A good leader must first be a good follower-David B. Katague
2. "The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." Ronald Reagan
3. "Power isn't control at all--power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn't someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own." Beth Revis
4. "I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men." Lao Tzu
5. "Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." Dwight D. Eisenhower
6. "Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them." John C. Maxwell
7. "Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another." John C. Maxwell
8. "A leader is a dealer in hope." Napoleon
9. "I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself." Robert E. Lee
10. "There is a difference between being a leader and being a boss. Both are based on authority. A boss demands blind obedience; a leader earns his authority through understanding and trust." Klaus Balkenhol
11. "The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes." Tony Blair
12. "Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through." Jarod Kintz
13."Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability." Patrick Lencioni
14. "Surround yourself with great people; delegate authority; get out of the way" Ronald Reagan
15. "The challenge of leadership is to be strong but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly." Jim Rohn
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Do you agree with the look alike resemblance? My son is six years younger than Mr. Ed Lee. Both of them have studied Law.
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
The power of music for our mental health and for uplifting our spirits( souls) are well documented(A). For example when my wife (Macrine) and I feel depressed or lonely we play our favorite songs. In the case of my wife, she would play her favorite Julio Iglesias Sr songs.
In my case I listened to my favorite piano or violin concertos(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYtJB7Qslk).
Our favorite music are either vocal, instrumental or choral music.
Just recently Macrine first cousin in the Philippines ( Rene Nieva) tagged me in Facebook with his piano playing of Some Enchanting Evening from South Pacific. He wrote that this piece has lifted Macrine's feeling of being lonely because of her Parkinson Disease.
Here's a short reprint from Rene Nieva FB page.
"I recall one time when we -- Yong, Oskie, Genny and I -- visited Manong Dave and Manang Macrine in their beautiful Chateau du Mer Resort in Marinduque some years back. Manang Macrine was not feeling well at the time and was quiet at first. But when we serenaded her with "Some Enchanted Evening", which happened to be a favorite of hers, she perked up and ended up singing along with us. We were so happy to hear her doing so that we were on the verge of tears. Such was the power of music to drive suffering and loneliness away, and would always be so ".
Monday, December 11, 2017
I was just reading a couple of days ago that POTUS approval rating is at its lowest at 32%. If he continues his Tweeting I believe it will still go down to less than 30%. What do you think? I have been an avid viewer of late night talk Television shows. Majority of the hosts ( comedians) are anti-Trump. Below is a collection of best anti-Trump jokes of 2017 and funny photos in case you have not read it. Enjoy!
Saturday, December 9, 2017
This year, I have been a been watching Stephen Colbert( CBS) and Jimmy Fallon (NBC) religiously. I love all the ant-Trump monologs of Colbert and Fallon. Occasionally I watched Jimmy Kimmel and Saturday Night Live. In case you have not read, here's the top ten video excerpts as complied by Time Magazine. Enjoy and start laughing to your heart content!