WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Caregivers- A Story of Love, Art, Dementia and Prison

The Caregivers(-Janie Paul and Danny Valentino) by Kelly Loudenberg, The Atavist Magazine, #125

Today May 8 is Mother's Day. It would also have been our 65th Wedding Anniversary.  It is also the 61st birthday of my oldest daughter. Happy Birthday, Dinah!

I am reposting this article in celebration of the above three events this year. I hope you read it.
 

 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”

—1 Corinthians 13:4–8

 This is a short story that touched my heart. It is only about a 20-30 minute read, but I guarantee you will love this story. I have no formal or official permission to reprint it on my blogs, but I think the story has no copy right. If I get a complaint about my reprinting it, I will gladly delete it. But please read it. It will be worth your time.  It is a true story that will touch your heart and soul. Moreover, the writing is fantastic and the art photos are excellent.    

This is a true story of an imprisoned artist, the couple who saved his life, and the extraordinary gift he gave in return. Here are two photos in the article.



Here's the story: Enjoy!!!

https://magazine.atavist.com/the-caregivers-prison-art-michigan-love-dementia/?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20220507&instance_id=60757&nl=the-morning&regi_id=98912391&segment_id=91601&te=1&user_id=6a2b65514e3273feff667ab0f9467718 

Again, Happy Mother's Day and Happy 61st BD, Dinah Dear!  

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...