WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter to All- Another Day to be Thankful

Happy Easter Sunday to All. Everyday when I wake up, I thank the Lord that I am still around walking in Planet Earth. I also thank the Lord for my three living children who I believe loves me and now helping me transition and downsize from my 4BR- 2.5 B single home ranch house to a smaller apartment/condo in an independent/Assisted Living facility near my two oldest children.  I am thinking of the East Bay( California), specifically in the Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill/Lafayette area and maybe in Vallejo in the North Bay. 

I am currently preparing the house to be listed for the slow real estate market and getting rid of most of my household goods, plants and statuaries via Estate Sale. In preparation for the listing/sale of the house, the swimming pool had to be resurfaced and all junks/accumulations for the last six decades here in US to be taken to the Dumpster and Disposal. 

Today is also the culmination of the Holy Week celebration of the Moriones Festival in our second home in the island of Marinduque- our second home. There should be street dancing in the town of Gasan. 


In addition, today I am reminiscing how lucky and happy I am for having professionally accomplished and caring Children. A year ago, I had 4 adults and accomplished children. David E III my youngest son died a year ago at a young age of 59 leaving me alone in this big house with my two cats. Batman and Robin. Along this line my search for a new living facility must be pet friendly, thus limiting my choice. Currently, I have narrowed my choice to 4 facilities in the East and North Bay. Dodie my oldest son is helping me scheduled tours of the facilities next week.  Dinah will also be helping me later on the end of April on her day off. Ditas also volunteered to help me in the tours first weekend this May.      

This week, Ditas my youngest daughter will have her first year anniversary working for the Bureau of Census, Department of Commerce as Associate Director of Communications and External Affairs. She is part of the Executive Leadership of the Bureau of Census, as listed in the link below. 

 https://www.census.gov/about/leadership.html 

I am indeed very proud of her accomplishments. 

Here's a link for the accomplishments of my two older children ( Dodie and Dinah):    

https://theintellectualmigrants.blogspot.com/2022/05/accomplishments-of-my-two-older.html

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...