Pearl Farm Beach Resort, Davao Philippines
One of the beach resorts in the Philippines that has been in my dream list is the Pearl Farm Beach Resort in Samal Island, Davao. I first learned about this resort several years ago in the National Geographic Magazine or was that in the Architectural Digest? I am having attacked of senior moments syndrome, right now. so forgive me, Anyway,
"-Here's information from the brochure of this luxurious beach resort in Samal Island, Davao, Philippines, so judge it for yourself. As a disclaimer, I have no way of checking this out, since I have not been to this resort. But I have friends who had stayed in this resort and informed me that the place is fantastic if not a little bit expensive. For current rates,visit their website:www.pearlfarmresort.com
Nestled In the idyllic islands of Samal & Malipano,The Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a former cultivation farm for luxurious south sea pearls. Now, it continues its essence of prime luxury as a premier destination resort of Fuego Hotels and as a perfect hideaway for those in search of blissful retreat. Here's a short video for your viewing pleasure.
The Pearl farm beach resort offer deluxe accommodations with 73 guestrooms, suites, cottages on stilts perched above the sea, and exclusive villas designed from Maranao & Samal ethnic influences in both materials and form. The interiors’ decorative details and multi hued patterns Reflect the islands vibrant culture as inspired by
the regions rich tribal ancestry. Malipano Island, a secluded isle located a few hundred meters of Samal island, is where 7 exclusive villas of the resort are nestled, facing a pristine white-sand beach and bordered with lush gardens".
• Hilltop Rooms or Balay House (16 Standard Rooms)The Hilltop Rooms or Balay Houses (two buildings) are located on the hillside. All rooms are furnished with native materials and decor. The rooms are air-conditioned, equipped with mini-bar facilities, hot & cold shower, cable television and telephone. All rooms have a garden view and most rooms have a panoramic view of the sea from the verandas. The Game Room is located at the Balay 1, equipped with different board games, Chess table, Billiard and Mahjong sets.
• Samal House (19 Superior Rooms)
The Samal Houses are built on stilts on the water. They are patterned after the houses of the Samal tribe of Mindanao, who are seafarers. All rooms are air-conditioned, with separate toilet & bath, coffee & tea facilities, safety deposit boxes, hairdryer and cabled televisions.All rooms have balconies where you can see schools of tropical fishes. The rooms are beautifully appointed with the bright colors of pink, yellow and blue of the Samal tribe.
• Sunset Suite (1 Suite Room)
The Sunset Suite is built on stilts on the water. Tagged as suite room. Patterned after the houses of the Samal tribe of Mindanao, who are seafarers. Room is air-conditioned, with separate toilet & bath, coffee & tea facilities, safety deposit boxes, hairdryer and cabled televisions. With separate living room and a spacious veranda where you can see schools of tropical fishes. The rooms are beautifully appointed with the bright colors of pink, yellow and blue of the Samal tribe.
• Mandaya Houses (20 Deluxe Rooms)
The Mandaya Houses are located near the aqua sports area of the resort. The Mandaya Houses surround the Mandaya swimming pool (one of the 2 pools in the resort).
All rooms are air-conditioned with mini-bar, coffee & tea facilities, hairdryer, safety deposit boxes and cable television. The rooms are spacious enough that it can accommodate a third person. It also has a spacious dressing area. A small pocket garden is located at the back of each room. All rooms are adjoining or two rooms are joined to form one house.
• Samal Suite (6 Executive Suites)
The Samal Suite rooms are two-storey Muslim inspired cottages. The suites are named and decorated according to the different Mindanao tribes such as the Tausug, Yakan, T’boli, Bagobo, B’laan and Maguindanao. The upper room of the Samal Suite is the masters’ bedrrom, with a King-sized bed. A master’s bedroom with a bathtub is also well appointed. The lower room is the living room, which is convertible into a bedroom and is very ideal for families with up to 3 children. A sofa bed with a trundle bed can be arranged. A second toilet and bath facility can also be found on the lower level.
The rooms are also air-conditioned, equipped with a well-stocked mini-bar, coffee & tea facilities, hair dryer, safety deposit box and cable television. The Samal Suites have private stairs that lead to the water.
• Malipano Villa (7 Villas)
The Malipano Villas or big houses located at Malipano Island, a secluded island across the resort. There are two types of Villas: five villas have3 bedrooms and two villas have 4 bedrooms. All villas are air-conditioned, equipped with mini-bar, coffee & tea facilities, safety box (located at the master’s bedroom), cable television, spacious living room and hair dryers. All rooms have individual toilet and bath, with the master bathroom having a bathtub. Butler service is available for food orders and other guests assistance. A standby speedboat is available to transport the guests to the restaurant and other facilities at Pearl Farm. The villas have a wide veranda where a small barbecue party can be organized for its guests complete with cooks and waiters.
Pearl Farm Facilities & Services
A wide array of facilities & services are available for both vigorous guests and those who prefer to simply take it easy.
• Aqua Sports Center- Rents out speed boats & outrigger boats for cruising, jet-skis, banana boat rides, kayaks, Hobie cats, snorkeling gear and has certified instructors for wind-surfing, water-skiing and scuba diving (Two (2) sunken World War II Japanese vessels await discovery from scuba divers, just 60 meters away from the resort.
• Two (2) Swimming Pools
•Ylang Ylang Spa- Offers a wide range of beauty and health treatments such as wraps, facials, body massage and foot spas - available as individual treatments or in indulgent packages.
• Tennis/Basketball /Badminton Court- Tennis lessons are available with prior arrangements.
• Game Room- Offers a lot of fun games giant board games, billiards, fooze ball, air hockey and other games for family and friends to enjoy. Located at the Balay 1 building.
• Conference Room-Designed to allow total concentration necessary for power meetings and conferences. Accommodates up to 70 persons.
• Parola Bar-Enjoy the different beverage concoctions while taking pleasure of the stunning view of the sea, beautiful sunset and a view of Mt. Apo. Parola bar also has videoke for guests who love to sing and stand out.
• Maranao Restaurant-The Maranao Restaurant features delicious Filipino and International cuisine with fresh seafood specialties. Enjoy cocktails at the Parola Bar with inspiring view of the sea and the nearby islands.
• Malipano Gazebo-Located at the Malipano Island, the Malipano Gazebo is perfect venue for special parties and functions. With a view that entices the natural beauty of the sea and the mountain ranges of Samal.
• Butik- A souvenir shop which offers a variety of local handicrafts, native outfits and even the latest in trendy beachwear. Limited basic toiletries and necessities are also available.
• Mandaya Weaving Center- Enjoy the scene of Mandaya tribeswomen as they skillfully weave their traditionally exotic and colorful handbags, mats, clothing and other ornamentation at the Weaving Center located near the Maranao Restaurant. The cloth used is locally used as “Dagmay” distinguished by the intricate figures and patterns depicting the tribal folklore and religion.
• Other Services- Babysitting, Business Office (internet access, facsimile services)
Note: This is No.2 of a series of articles on Beach Resorts in the Philippines that attracted my attention. Just want to let all of you my readers that I am not paid to write this article.
WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY
Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!