WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Things that My Wife and I Hate and Love about Marinduque

Gorgeous Sunset from the Balcony of the Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Amoingon, Boac

If you have been reading my blogs and my Facebook status updates, you probably know that my wife and I spend our winter time in Marinduque where we have a small beach resort and a retirement home. A lot of our friends here in the US often asked us, which place do we like best, Northern California or Marinduque. Our answer is a definite both Places. But sometimes, I personally do not want to spend time in Marinduque for the following reasons;

1. The Medical facilities, Hospital, Diagnostic Clinics are not to US Standards

2. The frequent brownouts, the littering of the beaches, and poor garbage collections system

3. The noise of barking dogs, loud karoake music in the middle of the night, the constant honking of the jeepneys

4. The hot and humid weather by around March, April and May

5. Transportation services-land, sea and air services to the island could use a major improvement

But there are several things, why my wife and I love Marinduque

1. The gorgeous sunsets, gentle sea breezes and cool temperature during the months of December , January and February

2. The orchids, bougainvillas, hibiscus, euporbias, and other blooming shrubs and fruit trees in my garden

3. The Filipino dishes-such as the kari-kari, grilled sword fish, coconut lobster and fresh mangoes and other fruits

4. The slower tempo of life, the air-conditioned Internet Cafes, traffic-less roads on weekends, blue skies and clear-blue water of the nearby beaches

5. The Antiques homes, Old Churches, white beaches, waterfalls, fringing reefs and breath taking views in some parts of the Islands

There are other things that my wife and I like and love about Marinduque, but the above five are the ones that we will always remember and treasure in our hearts.

How about you? If you are from Marinduque, what are the things that you hate and love about our Island Province. I will be glad to hear from you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...