WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, September 15, 2017

Beware of Phone Scam Asking for Bail Money from a Closed Relative


Yesterday, I received a call from a guy pretending to be my oldest grandson. His voice sounds like Ian and I listened to him for about 5 minutes. He was asking me for bail money. He said he is in the downtown jail. Here's our phone conversation I as I remember it:

Caller: Hi Grandpa?

Me: Who is this?

Caller: Your oldest grandson.

Me: Glad to hear from you. Where are you know? Are you still in Roseville. ( I thought he was calling me for a short visit), to see us. He did not response where he is calling from.

Caller: I do not like calling you but I need help right now. I am in trouble. ( He described in detail how someone framed him by putting drugs in his car. The police arrested him and he needs some bail money.)

Me: Where are you now ?.

Caller: I am in jail downtown ( did not specify if it is Sacramento).

Me: I can not drive to downtown, because no one will baby sit for your Grandma.

Caller: You do not have to go downtown just talk to my lawyer( at this time I was really getting suspicious). The caller pleaded that I do not hang up the phone as he was trying to connect me to his lawyer.

However, I did hanged up the phone. A few minutes later, the phone rang again, but I did not answer it.

Note: This morning I sent a message to Ian's Mom and inquire if Ian is OK.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...