WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Week Prior to Our 62nd Wedding Anniversary


Macrine enjoying a beautiful spring day in our patio-April 26, 2019

This coming May 8 ( a Wednesday-work day) will be exactly 62 years when Macrine and I got married in the Philippines. Two weeks ago, I had planned a get-together of relatives, friends and neighbors to join us in this memorable event in our life. Because May 8 is a work day, I asked our relatives and friends of two possible days that may be convenient for the majority. At first, I decided on May 12. With a few exceptions all of my future guests responded they will not be able to attend since it is Mother's Day. So I decided that May 5* ( Cinco de Mayo-big Mexican-American Festivities) is the day. As of this writing date, only ten are planning to attend.

The other day, I also received some bad news from the Philippines. Macrine's sister, Sister Guia( Cenacle) is seriously ill. Macrine's two other sisters here in the US are going home to the Philippines to be by her side on her last days of life.

I am a little bit disappointed that only half of my invited guests are coming. Macrine and I will celebrate our 62nd wedding anniversary with honey-baked ham, Pancit, Kare-kare and a few other Pinoy dishes. I have ordered the cake from our local French Pastry Shoppe. It is an orange-chiffon cake decorated with fresh fruits. The orange-chiffon cake was a significant item and was a catalyst in our May 8, 1957 marriage( sixty two years ago) as discussed in my autobiography (https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/2013/05/today-is-our-56th-wedding-anniversary.html).

The following five photos: Our Wedding Day, 25th Wedding Anniversary, 50th Wedding Anniversary, 55th wedding anniversary and 60th wedding anniversary.

Wedding Day, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines, May 8,1957

Silver Wedding Anniversary, Pinole, California,USA, May 8,1982

Golden Wedding Anniversary, Boac, Marinduque, May 8, 2007

Macrine and I, May 8, 2012.-Our 55th Wedding Anniversary-Fair Oaks, California

Our 60th Wedding Anniversary-May 8, 2017

*https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/2013/05/cinco-de-mayo-celebration-and-sales.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...