WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, September 24, 2021

FDA New Drugs from 2008 to 2021-List of Essential Medicines

My FDA Retirement Party and Presentation of APANET Award, 0ct. 2002

I retired from the US FDA Center of New Drugs, Division of Anti-Infective Products as Chemistry Team Leader in 2002. My 12 years with FDA was the happiest and my most productive years in my professional life. My Memories of my work with FDA is now fully documented via a hard bound book published by StoryWorth. I titled it, Becoming Americans, Life Memories of David B & Macrine J, the Intellectual Migrants. My interest in new drugs still remains active even after 19 years of retirement.  

In this article I am posting references for new drugs approved by FDA from 2008 to  September 2021. There are few interesting new drugs for cancer and other rare diseases in the list. Feel free to browse the list. Some of the drug names are hard to pronounce and some of the diseases mentioned I have never heard before. But I found the list informative and educational.   In this article I am also posting the reference for the List of FDA Essential Medicines as mandated by the Recent Executive Order #13944 from the White House dated August 6, 2020.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-publishes-list-essential-medicines-medical-countermeasures-critical-inputs-required-executive 

THE LIST CONTAINS 227 DRUGS AND BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS AND 96 MEDICAL DEVICES WHICH INCLUDED DIAGNOSTIC TESTING KITS AND SUPPLIES. 

I am also posting the reference for the three FDA approved Covid-19* vaccines as follows: 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines.html

Finally here's the reference for the List of FDA Approved Drugs from 2008 to the Present. Enjoy reading it and educating yourself. It is ok if you have a hard time pronouncing the names.

https://www.medindia.net/drugs/fda-approved-drugs.asp 

*Note: World Health Organization (WHO) has approved 4 vaccines for world-wide use besides the 3 approved by US. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...