WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, April 11, 2022

Lessons in Life: What I Learned this Week as a Senior Citizen

  

My 87-year old body is aging fast, but my mind is still active and enjoy blogging!

This week, my oldest daughter Dinah along with Ian her son has been helping me clean the patio and the garage with David E accumulation and collection.  We had more toxic and electronic waste  disposed. I am thanking both of them for this assistance. The house and patio is now 100% cluttered free. The garage will need more work. We have not touched the storage shed.

This week, one of my charged cards( Visa) was rejected by DoorDash. When I called the DoorDash Help Desk, they suggested that perhaps my using my Desk Top instead of an i-phone or i-pod was the culprit. Since I am very dependent on DoorDash for my grocery, food and other needs, I finally accepted to have my current cell phone updated. My old cell phone was obsolete( 3G) and need to be changed. 

Dinah and I were able to purchase a Consumer Cellular, 5G Motorola Moto G Pure ( a smart phone powered by Android) for $80 and only a $20 per monthly fee from Target with auto pay.  This is a better buy than what I had with AT &T previously.  Incidentally, the clerk in Target was super helpful compared to AT & T who employed high-pressured sales tactics. If you want a simple phone and you are a senior citizen, Target is the place for you.  You get Senior Discounts if you are a member of AARP. 

I am super happy with my new cell phone. I can do Facebook and E-mail if I want too. I can take pictures and I can order food via DoorDash or in Amazon. But because the screen is small I still prefer my desk top computer with a 48" screen monitor so I do not need my reading glass.  I can also text via voice, so no typing is needed. Ditas downloaded the What's Up Apps, so I could call text or video call Carenna from the Netherlands.

Anyway, back to my charge card rejected by DoorDash. When I used my primary Visa card in Target it was rejected. So I used another visa Card( I have 2 charge cards). I called the fraud Number of my primary Visa Card and I learned they block my card as they suspected someone was trying to use my card to purchase goods on line. The fraud people are good and doing their job. They will issue me a new card and I will get it in 3 days. Now I know why DoorDash rejected my charge card. It is not related to my desk top usage versus an i-phone/i-pod use as suggested by DoorDash.

Another lesson I learned this week. When I needed cash or deposit a check, I just go to the ATM and bingo in a few minutes I got my cash. Normally there are no lines on the ATM. The other day, I needed cash and my card was rejected twice. Luckily, there was no line inside the bank and a live person was able to help me immediately. When I used my card it was rejected again and the clerk said my card had expired. He asked me if I received a new card. I said not that I know of. The clerk glanced at my open wallet and saw a red card. He said there is your new card. I used it and it worked. I saw the amusement/smirk in face of the bank clerk. I feel so stupid. The clerk ask me if I want the old card destroyed. I answered with an emphatic yes!. Lesson learn, destroy old cards after you received the new one.          

So my dear readers, these are my new experiences this week. I hope you have a great sunny and not a rainy day. Aging is not easy especially if you live alone, but life must go on!

Note: I am thinking of getting a kitty cat for company instead of a dog. Comments anyone?

Meanwhile here are two photos of my back patio after Dinah and Ian finished the clean-up. Thanks a million Dinah and Ian for your hard work and help. 


Back Patio as viewed from the Sliding Door of My Bedroom

Before the clean-up, there was hardly no space even for walking. All Of David E excersize equipment ( thread mill and weights) were either moved to the garage or hauled to the Dumps. Anyone interested on the thread mill? It's free but you have to haul it from my garage.  


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...