WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Ongoing Resident Led Activities and the THD Library

THD is the community for you if you want to get involved with numerous activities for seniors both coordinated by THD management as well as its senior residents. One of the many reasons, why I chose THD is because I wanted to play bridge again after a hiatus of 2 decades.  The above photo listed all the activities led by residents with THD management blessings and encouragement.  

Patty Healy and I bid and made 6NT during one of our Wednesday Afternoon Games at Churchill's Pub 

I am involved with four bridge groups and one of the Mahjong led group. There is bridge here at THD every day. The Monday and Friday Group with 2 tables is coordinated by Lee Cruise. The other day, Lee asked me if I will coordinate the Monday Group beginning February and I send yes. 

On Tuesaday afternoon, there are 2 bridge group (one table each).  One is coordinated by Linda Bottom and the other by Jane Williams. On Wednesday there is one table coordinated by Phil Paris. 

On Thursday AM, there is one table for beginners coordinated by Lee Cruise.

Regarding mahjong, there two groups playing American Mahjong. On Thursday Afternoon, I lead a table of four playing Hongkong Style Mahjong. On occasion, I play Philippine style mahjong with Daughter Dinah and Susie Bramson. 

The other activities led and run by THD Activity Directors are: Aqua Fitness Exercises, Strength, Balance and Stretch Exercises, Zumba, Chair Volleyball, corn hole, ladder ball, movies, happy hour every Friday Afternoon, Trivia Party, shopping and lunch excursions, musical and art programs and Residents Talks and special education program on Television.

We have a decent book collection in our Library. If you have questions about the library, our resident librarian, Georgia White( 760-408-7979) may be able to help you. I took some photos of our library as well as the Bulletin Board with flyers of our current and coming activities.  


          





The library has a Mystery Book, Fiction and Non-Fiction, and Biographies Sections. There are several coffee table books on art, photography, history, national parks, geography, and sports. Your book donation is welcome. When I moved here at THD, I donated hundreds of books as well as more 24 coffee table books on art, photography, gardening, cooking, history, and sports. I was not aware THD has a library that may able to use books donated by its residents. I kept one coffee Table book, my son's book and of course my own two books( see photos below).      



 

My Newly Printed Blog Book-Chateau Du Mer Beach House and Conference Center, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines covering period from October, 2023 to January 4, 2024  

THD management had a meeting with Residents a couple of weeks ago, revitalizing and planning a new February issue of The Heritage Herald- Resident's Newsletter.  Gaylen Carson had the first meeting recently of a new activity here at THD-the Creative Writing Workshop.. There are several good resident writers and a retired journalist here at THD. I see no reason why we can't have an active monthly newsletter and Writing Workshop.   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...