WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Some of My High School Poetry and Writings


While looking at some of my accumulations for the past six decades that I am planning for the dump in preparation of my downsizing, I found an album on my High School Memoirs. It contained photos and some of my writings for our high school newspaper. I was the Associate Editor of our Newspaper.

Here are some of my poetry and an article I wrote on the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Eldest Child during my freshman year in high school. 

My First Acrostic Poem and my first teen-age crush-Florence ( an imaginary name)

I realized what my dreams were

Only the whims and fancies of thoughts

They're nothing but abstract dreams

On the blue horizon of the western sky.


Showing my Love to My Motherland-The Philippines and High school, Barotac Viejo High ( BAVIHI) 
Sunset Taken from the Balcony of the Chateau Du Mer Beach House

Reading my above writings again brought pleasant memories of my high school years-1947-1951. Needless to say, I kept the album of Memoirs of My High School Years.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...