WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

THD Celebrates Filipino-American History Month Today

The day started with a Display in the Lobby. Three Items were Displayed: Wood Carvings from Northern Philippines, the cultural icon of the Philippnes- a mini jeepney and a mini native Filipino art in a Bottle ( see above photo).  

This was followed by Philippine Travel Talk at our Cinema


The Day culminated with a Special Filipino Dinner, planned several weeks ago. The following is the menu.


The milk fish ( bangus) will only be served at the Comets Room for my 12 special guests. 

Cod will be served to the rest of Residents, but the rest of the menu is the same;

Personal Note: THD is a five star rated active senior living community in downtown Walnut Creek, CA. It has currently over 160 residents. As far as I know, I am the only resident with Filipino-American Ancestry. 

THD has been celebrating FAHM month for the last three years with special Dinner and Program. Two years ago, I gave a talk about the Philippines.   

I am thanking THD Management under the able leadership of Acting General Manager, Jenny Shively. Kudos to Laura Gaither for initiating the Display. Kudos to Alexis for the Travel Talk.  

Last But not Least: To Joel Torres, Our Chef for the special Dinner Menu, that I will always remember.  

Related Articles on the THD Celebration of FAHM:

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2026/10/a-preview-of-our-special-filipino.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2026/10/some-hides-their-filipino-american.html

       

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...