WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Welcome Caleb Brown- Director of Food, Beverage and Business Operations


The other day, I was able to chat with Caleb. I have been planning to talk to him since he joined THD several months ago, But he is always busy and always on the run. However, Last Sunday, I was able to corner him and asked him for his bio for my blogs. I am reprinting it for your information.  Again, Congratulations Caleb on your promotion as Director of Food, Beverage and Business Operations. May your employment here at THD be a Long and Productive One in your career.     


" I was born and raised in New York, where I built my career in the state’s fine-dining restaurant industry. I spent several years in Manhattan before moving to Syracuse in Central New York.

My culinary journey began under Chef Tim Brown, a highly regarded chef in New York. I served as his chef’s apprentice for approximately four years, working alongside him at several fine-dining restaurants, including Lemongrass, Citronelle, The Krebs, The Atrium, and many others. That experience established the foundation for my approach to culinary leadership, service excellence, accountability, and attention to detail.

After Chef Tim Brown and I went our separate ways, I continued developing my skills under several accomplished New York chefs, including Chef Kevin Gentile, Chef Jim Hickey, Chef Larry Mills, and celebrity chef Shawn Wilder. I accepted my first sous chef position under Chef Kevin Gentile and trained with him for nearly a year.

I was then offered my first executive sous chef position under celebrity Chef Shawn Wilder at Greek Peak Mountain Resort in Central New York. Before leading the resort’s culinary program, Chef Wilder spent close to a decade as Shaquille O’Neal’s personal chef. Some time after joining the resort, I was promoted to Executive Chef, which became my first executive chef position.

After my time at the resort, I continued working throughout New York’s fine-dining scene while looking for the place where I could build something lasting. I eventually became the Executive Chef of the Embassy Suites by Hilton at Destiny USA in Syracuse.

At Embassy Suites, I received my first opportunity to rebuild an entire restaurant and culinary department from the ground up. With the organization’s full support and a substantial renovation budget, I temporarily closed the kitchen for approximately three months while overseeing a complete remodel. I rebuilt the restaurant’s operating systems, hired and trained a new team, built a very high end, fine dining menu that included a 18 course tasting menu, and reestablished the department’s culinary and service standards. That experience strengthened my ability to lead large operational projects, develop effective systems, and transform a department while maintaining a clear vision for the guest experience.

Approximately one year after accepting that position, I reconnected with a woman I had met in college who was originally from Walnut Creek, California. I began flying between New York and California once or twice each month while we maintained a long-distance relationship. After about a year, I decided it was time to make a major life change and move to California. I have now lived here for approximately a year, and I am loving it.

I joined The Heritage Downtown as Food & Beverage Director, overseeing Newtons Fine Dining and the community’s culinary operations. I have since expanded my responsibilities by accepting the position of Director of Business Operations.

Although my role has grown, nothing about my leadership or oversight of the culinary department is changing. Newtons is still my “baby,” and I remain fully committed to its continued success, growth, and high standards.

As Director of Business Operations, my expanded role is designed to support the other directors and department heads in their roles. I will help strengthen and provide each department with the support it needs to accomplish its goals.

Outside of work, I have a wide range of interests. I enjoy experiencing Michelin-starred restaurants and have visited nine since moving to California. My other hobbies include glassblowing, riding dirt bikes and ATVs, and buying and selling recreational vehicles, boats, airplanes, and other unique items.

While living in New York, I also bred exotic Bengal cats and occasionally flew my airplane when time and finances allowed. Although I had to leave the airplane in New York, flying remains a special interest of mine. I also enjoy working on my home in New York, where my projects have included building multiple ponds, completing additions, landscaping, and making many other property improvements.

Whether I am rebuilding a restaurant, supporting a department, developing new operating systems, or completing a project at home, I bring the same passion, creativity, and determination to everything I do.

I am extremely happy and honored to be part of The Heritage Downtown. I truly love my job and appreciate the opportunity to work with such a talented team of professionals. I am very excited about my new role and everything we can accomplish together. My goal is to support our directors, department heads, and employees while continuing to raise the bar for our residents and their overall experience at The Heritage Downtown ".


Personal Note: I also enjoyed exploring local Michelin & Bib Gourmand rated restaurants. Someday, I love to join you and your friends for a night out to the new Fine-Dining Upscale Filipino restaurant in San Francisco- Naides .    


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...