WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Political Innuendos and FB Chatter(Marinduque)


Now that election is only a couple days, political campaigns and innuendos are in high gear even in the FaceBook pages here in Marinduque. I found it educational and entertaining to read posting in FaceBook as follows: (Most of the postings are in Tagalog).
From a Candidate for Board Member addressing the Current Governor: Could you show us what happened to the 75 million pesos that the provincial government borrowed from the Land Bank?

Response of the Governor: Before you ask that question, could you ask your ally, the current congresswoman, what projects has she done for the 70 million pesos she received as her pork barrel?

Another comment from a FaceBook User addressed to the local mayor: mayor ____, before you spent too much time campaigning, you better fixed our water system. We have no water and electricity, but we have cockfights.

These chatters in FaceBook show that you can be an instant millioner if you are a politician in the Philippines, because of the pork barrel.

I also heard that Chris Aquino was in Boac recently, campaigning and somebody from the audience throw her a banana instead of rotten eggs. Is this true?

On another topic. Today, I heard that power brownouts are no longer occurring in Boac.

On a personal note, because of the drought my gardens at Chateau Du Mer are in poor shape, but my orchids are doing OK. Thanks to the daily watering of Cecile and Edwin. I am praying for the rains to come soon!

I am also praying for a peaceful election in the Philippines. I hope that the least corrupt candidates win. Good Day to ALL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...