WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Are you a Gleek's?, Did you shed a Tear or Two?


You will probably laugh until your belly aches, after reading this post. I am a 75 year old man with four professional children and six grandchildren. My oldest grandson is 19 and my youngest granddaughter is 7 years old. My granddaughter and I are fans of the Fox TV show, GLEE. Last night final episode for this season made me cry like a baby. So are you laughing now? Here is the main reason why I cried. The story line reminded me of my college years at the University of the Philippines(UP). My wife and I were members of the UP Student Catholic Action Choir for three years. So both of us love choral music. At the end of the school year, we not only missed the music but the friendship and camaraderie that develops with the members of the choir, year after year. So, I cried because I feel nostalgic about my college years way back in the mid 1950's. This reminded me of my college friends who had already passed away and also of my own mortality. After all, I am in my mid 70's, so the time is getting near, but I am prepared..

I have not talked to my grand daughter today, but I bet her mom ( my youngest daughter) also cried after watching last night episode. I was not a FAN of the show in its first season. But after reading it received several awards, I decided to watch one episode and I was hooked to the music. I am not really enthusiastic about the story line, but I love the music and the singers/actors of this TV show. Please note that my wife do not watch the show. By the way, last night show was watched by 11 million viewers according to CNN this morning. Are you one of the 11 million watchers? Did you shed a tear or two also? Comments?

For those of you who are not “Gleeks”, here is short summary of the show from Wikipedia.

“Glee is an American musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. It focuses on a high school show choir called "New Directions", at the fictional William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio, and although largely realistic, also employs fantasy elements. The pilot episode of the show was broadcast after American Idol on May 19, 2009, and the first season began airing on September 9, 2009. On September 21, 2009, Fox officially gave the series a full-season pick-up. Glee aired its mid-season finale on December 9, 2009 and returned from a four-month hiatus on April 13, 2010, picking up the remaining nine episodes of the season. The spring premiere had an estimated 13.7 million viewers, nearly doubling in followers on its return. It was renewed for a second season which will feature three new cast members. On May 23, 2010, it was announced that Glee was already picked up for a third season.
The show's creators, Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, first conceived Glee as a film. Murphy selects the series' music, aiming to maintain a balance between show tunes and chart hits. Songs covered in the show are released on iTunes during the week of broadcast, and a series of Glee albums has been initiated by Columbia Records, beginning with Glee: The Music, Volume 1, which was released on November 2, 2009. The music of Glee has been a commercial success, with over seven million digital sales.
The show has received generally positive reviews from critics. The series won the 2010 Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series—Musical or Comedy and received three additional nominations for Best Actress (Lea Michele), Best Actor (Matthew Morrison), and Best Supporting Actress (Jane Lynch). The show won a People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy in 2010. Its first season also earned a Peabody Award".
Here's a video of one of the songs in the Season Finale Performance,"Journey Medley".

Glee made headline news in the Philippines a couple of weeks ago, when rumors circulated that Charice P, an internationally known Philippines singer had been invited to join the cast next season.
Too bad it is just a rumor. Charice P will be a good addition to the cast in my opinion. I am looking forward for Glee's third season this Fall.Here's an episode from Season 1 from Hulu.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...