WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Another Food Discovery Near Us-Chili Rellenos

Photo from Food Network

Last week, Macrine and I were talking to our new Mexican-American Home Health aide about Mexican food. I mentioned that Chili Relleno(CR) is my favorite Mexican dish. The next day she brought with her a Chile Relleno dish that she cooked the night before. It was good and it made me craved for more.

So I googled on the nearest Mexican Restaurant that has CR in their menu. There were 4 restaurants and Taquerea listed. Two of the restaurants are only about a mile from our residence. I looked at the two restaurant menus. Valencia Taqueria has the Chile Relleno Combo ( one pepper with rice and beans, tortillas) for $11.99. I purchased this yesterday and it was excellent.

The other restaurant Tres Hermanos has two Rellenos menus with trimmings( rice and beans tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and tortillas) for only $12.50 and one relleno with rice and beans, tortillas for only $8.50. I will try this restaurant in a couple of days.

Here's my favorite recipe from www.allrecipes.com

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219646/authentic-mexican-chili-rellenos/

Here's a video on how to make Chili Rellenos

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...