WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, October 22, 2018

Another On-Line Convenience of Life Discovered Today


Today, I ordered my first on-line order and delivery from TugBoat Fish and Chips about 3 miles from us. I was not confident on giving my credit card online, so normally I would order via telephone, have it delivered and just pay cash when the food arrives. However, today I had a longing for Fish and Chips ( London style).

I found that there are three Fish and Chips restaurants within 5 miles from our residence. The nearest one to our residence that we normally patronizes is rated 4.5 Star. However, another Fish and Chips about 1 mile farther is rated 5 star. I have never ordered food from this place, but since the rating is excellent, I decided I will try this restaurant. I called the restaurant and asked if they have delivery service. They said they are associated with Doordash.com. Since this is my first order, the delivery charge is free and tips to the driver is optional.

I went to the Doordash web site, ordered three items, paid it with my credit card. I placed my order at 1.30PM. The screen showed delivery will be at 2:20PM. At about 1:15PM my ordered arrived. The food was warm and excellent. I was delighted with my achievement of the day. The delivery fee was free but I gave a 10% tip to the driver.

I was curious if there are other food delivery service near me besides Doordash.com. In our area there are postmates.com, foodjets.com, grubhub.com and Eat24.com food delivery services. They cover more than 100 restaurants near us. Most of the restaurants have free delivery service for first time orders. Other wise the delivery service varies from $2 to $6.

Today, I also learned I could order Dimsum (chinese dumplings) from the Dumplings and Tea House of Sacramento on line with only a $2 delivery charge. I could have my favorite Dimsum anytime I want it just tapping the keys of my computer.

Note: I am currently enrolled on Recurring Food Service once a week from Munchery.com. I am happy with Munchery but the food is getting expensive.

Ordering Food on line and delivery is a must for those who does not like to cook or those who do not drive or can not drive because of commitments in the house, for example being a primary care giver for a love one just like me.

Another service I have not tried is grocery delivery. I will probably do this when my driver's license expired in two years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...