WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Going to the Dentist is a Pain in the Butt and in the Pocket

Citrus Heights Dental Patients Waiting Area

According to the Web in 2015 the average tooth removals cost is $75 to $300 for non-surgical, gum-erupted tooth extraction, $150 to $650 for a surgical extraction utilizing anesthesia and $185 to $600 for soft-tissue and complicated surgical extractions. It is very important to select a Dentist who will not overcharge you specially if you do not have dental insurance. My Federal Medical Insurance do not cover my Dental needs.

A couple of months ago, I broke four teeth that is supporting my lower denture( partial). It was not aching so I did not go to the dentist. However, yesterday one of my four teeth started aching showing signs of infection. I called several dental offices in the area, but only one could accommodate me within 24 hours. This office is the Citrus Heights Dental-a private group practice. The four teeth (lower left) extraction cost me over a $1000 even after my 10% senior discount. The office normally do not give discount, but I charmed the office manager for the discount by promising to write a good review of my visit.

I went to the Citrus Heights Dental for evaluation for my lower denture repair last September. I have also an upper denture and I am very happy with it. I informed the office I just want the lower denture repair or replace. As a new patient I had free X'ray of my whole mouth and Evaluation( Office Promotion). After the 30 minutes consultation, I was told my lower denture can not be repaired. I was told I need a complete mouth repair including a new upper denture at a cost of over $6000 even after a 10% senior discount. I will have all my remaining teeth ( 6) extracted. Needless to say, I went out of the dental office in a hurry. I felt that the dentist who saw me is pressuring me for more dental work that I really do not need. I went to the Internet and found the following reviews for Citrus Heights Dental.

Latest Review #1: The staff was good and friendly and all. It's the dentist that sucked. Long story short; I had a tooth ache, they x-rayed and she looked in my mouth for literally about 15 seconds and said I needed a root canal, post and a crown. Cost was 2500. I called BS and got another opinion from another dentist and after a more through examination, I was told all I needed was the crown. Cost about 1000. This place is unscrupulous and dishonest. I will never go back.( One Star)

Latest Review #2:
I lost a portion of the bridge and was forced to get it replaced. I had no insurance and certainly didn't have the money to pay upfront for the work but this place was absolutely as accommodating as they could be with the payments. Now let's talk about the doctors and the assistants. I was sitting there with missing teeth and some pretty tough cosmetic work needing done. But when I left I had a temporary bridge in place that looked phenomenal! Talk about being happy smile again!! It was definitely a long session but the staff tried to make me as comfortable as possible and that included laughing when we could. I would recommend this location in a heartbeat! (Five Star)

Latest Review #3: I will never come back to this dental office. All they do is to pressure you on adding for service. My husband went in for a regular cleaning and half way thru the cleaning. The hygienist said she doesn't know how to clean his teeth unless he paid her more using the laser which will cost another $100+ dollars. She has done this so many times. He didn't want to argue with her. So this will be the last time he's coming back here. I'm canceling all my appointments also because I think they only think about money and not treat their patients as real customers.( One Star)

Latest Review #4: I woke up on a Tuesday morning with a terrible toothache. I had to call and make an emergency appointment at 4:30 P.M. They were able to get me in at 5:30. The office was easy to find and the staff was super helpful. The dentist was good and the exam ended with having to have my wisdom tooth pulled. The extraction took minimal time and I had zero complications afterwards. No swelling and very little pain. I HATE going to the dentist but I have found a place that has made me comfortable.( Four Star)

My Personal Review: I gave this place a four star. The office manager assigned me to a new dentist. He pulled my four teeth with professional expertise. I went home with prescriptions of antibiotics and Tylenol and a mouth wash. Today is the second day after the extraction and I feel good except for a pain in my pocket.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...