WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, May 16, 2022

Growing Up Filipino and American in the United States


The 4 D's- Dodie, Dinah, David E(RIP) and Ditas growing up as Filipino and American

On my previous posting, I wrote about Filipino Americans or Americans with Filipino descent or ancestry. I received a few comments and it reminded me that my 4 children who are second generation Filipino Americans have experiences during their formative years that may be similar/identical.

The following two videos ( Matt Agustin and Aireen Arellano) reminded me of my 4 children ( now adults) and their similar experiences or perhaps some identical experiences discussed in the videos growing up Filipino and American in the 1970's-1980's here in Northern California. Here are the 2 videos. Enjoy!    


The above video( Matt Agustin) reminds me of why I immigrated to the US in 1960 and possibly how my children may have similar experiences growing up Filipino and American here in the US.

  https://youtu.be/fGeKOPXmG_Y

One of the benefits in the video is about growing up with both culture. Matt Agustin explained it very well. Like me, Agustin parents came to the US for graduate studies. He grow up with not too many Filipinos around just like my children. This is a must read for Ditas, Dinah and Dodie. Here's another video, that I can identify. A must viewed for second generation Filipino-Americans.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854O5JEr76Q

Meanwhile enjoy these photos of the moonlight and solar lights, I took last night from my front porch and front yard.




 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...