WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Two Okra Dishes Available from Shef.com

This dish is prepared by Shef Farah formerly from Punjabi, Pakistan. This is in my future order list -Bhindi Masala

1.Bhindi Masala is a very simple dish, yet comforting, healthy, and full of flavors. This is one of my family's favorite dishes at almost every gathering we have. Prepared by sautéing the okra separately in canola oil and then mixed and cooked together with onions, tomatoes, ginger/garlic, green chilies, and spices. Enjoy this with fresh roti. This dish is similar to my own recipe-sauteing okra in either oyster sauce or shrimp paste with vinegar.  Price: $12.99 for 12 oz container.

Prepared by Shef Amelia formerly from Liberia, Africa
 

2. Okra Stew is a smooth and savory stew that would make anyone who is opposed to okra more willing to try this amazing dish. The main three components of this dish are the okra, chicken, and beef. The sides for the meal are three pieces of plantain, a Serrano pepper, sauteed onion, slices of tomatoes, and slices of cucumber. I ordered this dish yesterday. Delivery in 2 days. Price: $15.99 for 8 oz container.

For other recipes read:

https://whyretireinthephilippines.blogspot.com/2022/08/eleven-ways-to-cook-okra-my-own-recipe.html


This is my own recipe-Okra with Pork and Shrimp Paste. I have a variation recipe using oyster sauce.

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...