WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Celebrating the Start of the "BER" Months with a Special Dumpling Lunch

Today, September 1, is the beginning of the "BER" months. The weather forecast for this week here in Northern California is a whole week of 3-Digit temperatures. In other words it is a Heat Wave-first in the history of California as the longest heat wave ever recorded. It is not good news specially for those whose jobs requires them to be outside. However, I am turning this negative news, by being positive and enjoy a special lunch of Pork, Scallop and Shrimp Dumplings with my Chili Sauce ( see photo above). 

I purchased the dumpling on line from 99 Ranch Market-a store that specialized on Asian Foods. With it I purchased my first Vietnamese Pia Cake of Mung bean and durian.

The Pia Cake is similar to the Pinoy Hopia- the durian make it taste great. I will have this for dessert along with my mango sorbet. I purchased other items from 99 Ranch Market including a Live Main Lobster. I had the Lobster dinner last night. Here are some photos:

Besides the Lobster and Pia Cake, I purchased Longanisa(Pinoy sweet sausage)
mango and tempura mix for my okra.
My Lobster Dinner with Sauteed Okra paired with Navarro Chardonnay

Here'a a photo of my cut okra ( 6th harvest)- ready to be sauteed in Bagoong ( Barrio Fiesta brand.
 
Finally, if you live in California, keep cool, stay inside and Hydrate. If you live in the Philippines, May I wish you an advanced Merry Christmas. September 1 is the start of the Christmas season in the Philippines. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...