WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

It Feels Good to Know You are Loved

To All my Relatives and Friends: Thank You for your Love and Support during the last stages of my life-my aging years.  Special mention to those who have visited me, send me messages and cards( my birthday and on Father's Day), bringing me food or just calling me to just say Hello. I will not mention names, but you know who you are. This posting is dedicated to all of you.


It feels good when you know a family member loves you. I am talking about love from nephews and nieces and from grand children as well as from my children.

Last week Macrine's(RIP) niece and her family visited me and brought with them a delicious Pinoy lunch.  I felt good and to me their visit meant I am loved and not forgotten.

The following day, my nephew from Australia sent me a FB message(conversation) as follows:

Hellooo Tito

Hope you’re doing well. Was just thinking of you and wanted to say hello.

Maybe we can do a chat again soon on computer. I’m about to go to a meeting with a client, but just wanted to reach out!

 
My Response: How thoughtful of you. You realized that a short chat, email or FB messages from relatives is very much welcome in my late stages of life. How's your work, It must be picking up? How's the family especially your Dad and Mom?

Nephew Response: Things are become great again. Let’s organize a call and I’d love to chat and get to spend some time with you. Love you Tito

My Response: Love you, too! Take Care!
 
Last but not least here's some FaceBook messages( conversation) from my grand daughter studying abroad.  

Grand Daughter: Hi Lolo I miss you!! Having a very difficult time getting through this week
 
My Response: Remember, if you feel like talking, just message me, Take Care! Love, Lolo. 
 
I heard you will be home in July. That is great, just hang in there for 6 more weeks and see you soon, I love you, Hugs and kisess. Lolo
❤

Her Response: I love you too Lolo
 
Saying the three words "I Love You" is not the only way to show love. Actions like calling or sending messages just to say Hello is as powerful and effective as the three words, I love you.
 
This recent visit from a relative reminded me of one event during my childhood years in the Philippines.  I remember that day when my mother and I visited an aging relative living alone in her house. We visited her and brought some food and fruits. After our visit, she cried and told us her tears are of joys and not of sorrows.    

Finally to my younger relatives, I hope that when you grow old,  your children and younger relatives as well as your future grand children will also visit you during your aging years.
 
Meanwhile enjoy this video by Hauser- one of my favorite cellist 

This song (Song from the Secret Garden) and the Tiki torches in the beach reminds me of our Chateau Du Mer Beach house in the Philippines. Have a Great week and enjoy this Perfect weather here in Northern California.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...