WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, June 5, 2021

My Visitors this Weekend-A Most Welcome and Treasured Event

 

Yuka Maeda and Alex Chellan with Alex, Jr visiting me and bringing Pinoy lunch from the Oriental Market in Roseville.

 Yuka is my wife's niece, oldest daughter of Jean- Macrine's(RIP) younger sister. The Chellans are residents of Roseville, CA.    Thanks Yuka and Alex for your visit and the delicious Pinoy dishes.

 


This week I had two set of visitors that I treasured and had touched my heart. One is from a closed relative and the other is from the avian animal species.

In my aging years, a short visit or a phone call from relatives or friends are always welcome and I will always remember in my late stages of life here in Planet Earth. 

First, I had a short but pleasant visit from the Chellan family, Yuka and husband Alex with their 19 months old son, Alex Jr. ( see photo above).  They also brought  with them delicious Pinoy dishes ( lechon kawali, pancit, Kare-kare and pinacbet) from my favorite Pinoy store-The Oriental Market on Harding Rd in Roseville. We had a nice visit that I will always treasure in my aging years.  

Second, I had also a surprise visit from a pair of Mallard ducks today. I am not sure if they are domesticated or wild, but I was able to take their photo below.


Animal visitors, reminded me of the bluebirds that is claiming my backyard as their summer residence. They have been cavorting and chirping in my back yard for the last three weeks. Here's a reprint of my posting about bluebirds in my backyard for your reading pleasure.

 https://livinginmarinduquephilippines.blogspot.com/search?q=bluebirds

Meanwhile enjoy these photos from my garden this year

My Potted pineapple starting to Fruit

 


My potted tomatoes starting to flower 

My Ampalaya( bitter melon) growing well in a pot and hopefully will yield fruits in the next few weeks.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...