WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Chicken Adobo-Philippine National Dish

Use Chicken thighs, but you can use any cuts that you like. Breast is healthiest, but the most common is chicken wings!
• Brown your chicken on both sides on your pan using any cooking oil, then remove and set aside
• Using the same pan, sauté garlic and onion on High heat until fragrant
• Return chicken onto pan, add your soy sauce, vinegar, water, salt, brown sugar, and pepper—Optional: Bay leaves and Sprite
• Cover with lid and leave it on Low-Medium Heat to simmer for 30-45 minutes. Check once in a while. When the meat is fork tender, it is ready.
I used to be afraid to use vinegar, but now I use a little more of it. I was taught 1:1:1 ratio of Soy Sauce:Vinegar:Water in school in the Philippines, but I like the taste of 1:0.5:0.5 better!! I only add 1-2 Bay Leaves and cut each in half, but depends on how I feel that day!

The above simple recipe I found in my Face Book page(by Tracy Cang Tam). It is very similar to my own recipe. This posting is inspired by the numerous positive reactions I received when this dish was featured here at Newton's Restaurant ( The Heritage Downtown), Walnut Creek during the celebration of Filipino American History Month last  October.  For details visit:


For other Filipino Recipes read this site:


Meanwhile enjoy this recent photos I took at dinner time here at THD with new resident Jay Pollack, and with other older residents.  I was assigned to be Jay's Greeter two weeks ago and really enjoyed this activity very much. My next Greeter assignment will be on February 8, when John and Carol Larimore will move here at THD.

Jay Pollack
Marsha Kefer 
Ed Hoffmann
Patty Healy
My Grilled Salmon-Trout Dinner with rice and asparagus

     Dean Elias



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...