WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Tribute to Our Senior Citizens

Image from swapmeetdave.com
Senior Citizens Merriment

Recently I received this short posting from a friend knowing that I am a member of the group called "senior citizens" here in Northern California. If you have been a follower of my blogs, you probably know this already. However, if this is your first time to visit my blog, let me assure you that I am a very proud member of that group. As a member, I just don't seat all day watching TV, but quite active in managing my eight blogs and one web site. However, I believe, there are not too many seniors involved in blogging, most of the bloggers I know are in their early 20 to late 50's. If you know of a blogger who is over 70 years old, please introduce me to her or him, for we have something in common. Here's the posting that I received recently. It is titled " The $2.99 Special".

"If you are a senior you will understand this one, if you deal with seniors this should help you understand them a little better, and if you are not a senior yet........God willing, someday you will be......
We went to breakfast at a restaurant where the 'seniors' special' was two eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast for $2.99. 

'Sounds good,' my wife said. 'But I don't want the eggs.' 

'Then, I'll have to charge you three dollars and forty-nine cents because you're ordering a la carte,' the waitress warned her. 

'You mean I'd have to pay for not taking the eggs?' my wife asked incredulously.   

'YES!!' stated the waitress. 

'I'll take the special then,' my wife said. 

'How do you want your eggs?' the waitress asked. 

'Raw and in the shell,' my wife replied. She took the two eggs home and baked a cake.
       
  DON'T MESS WITH SENIORS!!! 
  WE'VE been  around the block more than once!  
                                                          
Note: If you want more senior jokes, visit my old posting in this blog dated 7/3/09.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...