WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Moriones Festival and Trade Fair, 2010


Today is Good Friday. The Moriones Festival is in full swing with Parades, Procession, Easter Pageant and the Life and Passion of Christ and traffic in Boac congested as part of our life here in sleepy Marinduque. This is the only time of the year when traffic is congested as if you in are Manila. Most of the stores are closed but the Trade Fair is open to buy native handicrafts. marble furniture, gifts and 100 other items of your desire. In my case, my purchase of the year are three marble tables and one matching marble table lamp. With the purchase I got a big marble mortar and pestle and a pen holder set. The above items cost me only about $300 ( a bargain if I purchased these items in US). The marble Company is from Romblon Island and comes to Marinduque only once a year during the Moriones Festival and Trade Fair. Next year we will not be able to stay for Holy Week here in Marinduque, so I am taking this opportunity to savor the pageantry of this island festival. Happy Easter to All! Here's a short video from Good Friday "Via Crucis" Procession. The video is a bit grainy but it captures the spirit of the festival

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...