WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, October 18, 2013

My First and Last Pinoy TV Drama


Today the Pinoy TV drama, My Husband Lover ends. If you have been reading my blogs, you probably know that this was my first time in my 78 years to watch a Filipino TV soap opera. Needless to say, I got addicted to the series and enjoyed every episodes for its nineteen weeks run. I salute GMA and congratulate the writers specially Suzette Doctolero, the actors, actresses and all who were involved with this historic drama portraying a topic that is still taboo in Philippines conservative society being a Catholic nation. I have written a couple of articles and commentaries on this TV drama in my blogs expressing my enjoyment of the drama. However, as of today, I have no urge to watch another Pinoy soap opera, unless another drama of My Husband's Lover quality will be offered by Philippines two television companies, GMA and TFC. For those of you who have not heard of this drama, here's a write-up from Wikipedia.

"My Husband's Lover is a Filipino drama television series created and developed by Suzette Doctolero and produced by GMA Network. It premiered on June 10, 2013 replacing Love & Lies on the network's coveted Primetime block, and June 11, 2013 worldwide via GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded its nineteen-week run on October 18, 2013, comprising ninety-four episodes. The series stars Carla Abellana, Tom Rodriguez and Dennis Trillo as the main characters. Carolyn Galve serves as the executive producer of show and Dominic Zapata directed the series.

It is credited as the very first gay-themed series in Philippine television due to the series' central subject of homosexual relationships and infidelity. The show has multiple continuing story lines that tackle sensitive yet relevant social issues like homosexual and bisexual relationships, homophobia and the society's discrimination against homosexuals, infidelity, pre-marital sex and the consequences of early or unplanned marriages. It also tackles the importance of family, friendship, integrity and love. The forty-five minute scripted drama chronicles the life of a woman, who belatedly discovers that her husband has been carrying on an affair, but not with another woman".

The whole series can be viewed in several web sites in the Internet. ( Just googled it). I assure you will enjoy the series if you are not homophobic.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...