WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Have You Heard of Fr. Rene Javellana, S.J.?


During the last couple of months I have been writing about well-known members of the Javellana clan. My inspiration is that I am one of the thousands descendants of the Javellana clan via my father side of my family as documented by www.javellana.wordpress.com.

The name of Fr. Rene Javellana, S.J. was brought to my attention just recently via comments from a reader of my blog on my Javellana ancestry. I have heard of Fr Javellana and his works but have not meet him personally. Here's an excerpt from his biography from wikifilipinas.org

Rene Javellana, S.J., is a Jesuit priest, writer, liturgical artist and art historian. He is currently an associate (Thomas Gasson) professor at Ateneo de Manila University, where he is also director of the Fine Arts Program and creative director of Jesuit Communications. He holds a master’s degree in theology.

His research interests include colonial architecture and art in Asia; renaissance imprints and cultural dissemination; heritage conservation; popular religion and globalization; art, spirituality and religion; contemporary visual arts; art and communication theory; film, media and society; and online education. His inclination to the study of arts was for the reason that he considers art as a catalyst and mediator of cultural change. His interests lie in the intersection of cultures and institutions and the intersection of eras.

Here's an interesting TED video that he gave about the SELFIE:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...