WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, March 15, 2024

New Residents, The Faroe Islands and St. Patrick's Day

Last month, I estimated that at least 8 new residents have moved to THD with only one or two have move out.  I was the Greeter of Jay Pollack and also of John and Carol Larimore. Today, I see some new faces with names such as Len, Peggy, Linda, Sheila and Cheryl. My personal welcome to the New Residents! 

I had breakfast with one of five mentioned new residents the other day. The new resident thought I have Chinese Ancestry. I was surprise, because for the last 9 months of my residency here I have been flaunting my Filipino heritage and ancestry. 

Speaking of Filipino Heritage, this June will be Filipino Heritage Month. I have been lobbying our Activity Directors to schedule The Philippines in our Travel Adventure Series Taste of the Country for this June. 

Last January we had Japan, February we had Italy, This Month of March we have Southern France. Next Month April we will have Taste of the Faroe Islands.   What do you know about the Faroe Islands? I did some search, and here's what I learned.

The Faroe Islands is a self-governing archipelago, part of the Kingdom of Denmark. It comprises 18 rocky, volcanic islands between Iceland and Norway in the North Atlantic Ocean, connected by road tunnels, ferries, causeways and bridges. Hikers and bird-watchers are drawn to the islands’ mountains, valleys and grassy heathland, and steep coastal cliffs that harbor thousands of seabirds.   

The forgotten Faroes are just a short flight from the UK, yet they’re way off the standard traveller’s radar. Adrift in the frothing swells of the north Atlantic, this mysterious 18-piece jigsaw puzzle of islands is at once ancient and very modern. Multicoloured cottages and grass-roofed wooden churches add focus to the grandly stark, treeless moorlands. Timeless networks of cairn-marked footpaths crisscross craggy layer-cake mountains. But even the tiniest once-inaccessible hamlets are now linked by a remarkable series of road-tunnels. And even as you bob around the dramatic fjords on a 70-year-old wooden sloop, your mobile phone is never likely to lose its signal.


I am looking forward for our April Travel Adventure Series Featuring the Faroe Islands. 


Meanwhile Here's the Menu for Our St Patrick's Day Celebration


Looking forward to the Corned Beef and Cabbage and the Pistachio Ice Cream

Saint Patrick's Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick, is a religious and cultural holiday held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick, the foremost patron saint of Ireland.
Patrick's Day conjures images of shamrocks, leprechauns, the color green, and other symbols associated with the patron saint of Ireland.



Watch out for next posting on Cabbage-Kimchi and Caraflex  



    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...