WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Ten Beautiful English Words to Spice Up Your Writings

I have been blogging since 2008.  I write simply and direct to a point. A few of my readers enjoy readings my postings, because it is easy to read . Lately, I learned that my writings could be boring and perhaps using beautiful words may add spice to my writings. I did some search and here's a few things I learned. Here are the ten beautiful English word with their synonyms from lilbutmighthyenglish.com.

1. Compelling-outstanding, captivating, gripping

2. Effervescent- vivacious, animated, bubbly

3. Euphonious- pleasant or sweet sounding, honeyed

4. Evocative- reminiscent, suggestive

5. Halcyon- happy, carefree, blissful

6. Lissom- lithe, elegant, svelte

7. Resplendent- splendid, magnificent, brilliant

8. Redolent- aromatic, perfumed

9. Serendipitous- coincidental, lucky

10. Sublime- outstanding, grand, majestic, stellar 

 I plan on using some of these words with their synonyms in my blogs. Do you agree that the above words could add spice if not beauty in my writings and postings? Let me hear from you!   

For Details visit:

https://lilbutmightyenglish.com/blog/10-beautiful-words-you-can-use-in-narrative-descriptive-writing-secondary-school/

Here's an extra word for you today!

11. Raconteur

Are you good at telling a story? Then you can start telling your friends that you're a raconteur. Even if you're not the best storyteller, it's still a fun word to say. I feel like a good raconteur with my blogs and other writings today. 

Lastly, My Favorite Quotes On Blogging

1.Defining 'Blog' is a fool's errand. – Michael Conniff 

2. Blogging is to writing what extreme sports are to athletics – more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal, more alive. It is, in many ways, writing out loud. – Andrew Sullivan. 

3. Blogging is hard because of the grind required to stay interesting and relevant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...