WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Barbara Gallagher By Guest Writer Richard Botton




I just want to express my feelings about the fact that our beloved Barbara Gallagher has left Heritage for a place in Berkeley more suited to her particular needs. Most of you are probably aware, she will reach 103 years old this May. She was the most unusual person I have ever known. She is also the oldest resident here at THD. 

Barbara and Daughter Sandy enjoying Happy Hour Moments ( also photo below)


As a clergyman of another faith, I have visited her on occasions ( both sad and joyful ) and  she welcomed my prayer chants on her behalf. She was a truly religious human, and felt that her prayers were heard by the Eternal.. and they certainly were. She made it to church every Sunday , following her friend Buzz. When he passed on, she used her mobile electric “ “scooter” to get to church alone. 

At her age, it was amazing to see her exercising at our strength and balance classes-never shirking one of the movements. She was fortunate to have a loving, attentive daughter, Sandy, and a wonderful grand daughter Cassie, who in love, tended to all her material and emotional needs.

Rumor has it that she carried on the financial end of the family hardware business. What I feel now, and others will agree, is that she was a model for all of us. I will miss her presence very much !!!!

Personal Note: I have had several meal times conversations with her. At her age, she is alert and she is also my role model for a person who is aging gracefully๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—. I also admired her tenacity and patience during our Strength and Balance Exercises with Austin. 

I have also several conversation with her grand daughter Cassie- also a model for the younger generations.  When I see Barbara in her electric scooter it reminded me of some of my favorite quotes on aging. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

Barbara Gallagher 100th Birthday Party Here at Newton's Restaurant- Before My Time 

Good Luck to your MOVE!!   I will miss you here also at THD specially your speeding activity in the Garage Freeway from Newton's to the Liberty Building with your Electric Scooter. Je vous/te souhaite bonne chance ! and Buena suerte en tu mudanza. Good Luck in your move!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...