WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada- the Gambling Capital of US and the City that never sleeps! So, what has this city have to do with this site. The answer is none. I just love the photo, I took during our vacation to this city a couple of years ago. In this site, you will find articles from my autobiography, global warming, senior citizens issues, tourism, politics in PI, music appreciation and articles about our current experiences as retirees enjoying the "snow bird" lifestyle between US and the Philippines. Your comments will be highly appreciated. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Elder Fraud Abuse by Matthew Sugiyama

Matthew and Me- at the THD Presentation of Elder Fraud Abuse, Saturday, March 30, 2024   

Last Saturday, THD sponsored a Presentation on Elder Abuse by Matthew Sugiyama ( see flyer below).

It was a very informative talk, so if you were not able to attend, I am listing the three links below👹. The three articles highlighted the talk of this talented 16- year old young-man of Japanese-American Ancestry from Moraga.  I am indeed very proud of this young man's accomplishments so far. 

Matthew reminded me of the Kindness of a Teenager article I wrote during one of my travels in the Philippines several years ago that I posted recently in my blog. Matthew informed me has read some articles in my blogs which surprised me. I requested that he send me more information about his talk and gave him my e-mail address.  At the bottom of this page is Matthew response to my request for additional information.    

 https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2024/03/kindness-of-stranger-in-philippines_23.html    

Here are some photos I took during this well-attended presentation. Thank You THD for sponsoring this activity.







👹https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/elder-financial-fraud-banks-california-18175543.php

👹https://www.protectingourseniors.org/blank-1

👹https://lamorindaweekly.com/archive/issue1716/Campolindo-student-works-to-protect-seniors.html

This is a letter I received from Mathew the other day after his excellent presentation. 

This is Matthew Sugiyama who presented at the Heritage Downton earlier today. I hope you enjoyed the presentation because I had a really great experience discussing and presenting to all of you! I have provided some of the following links below for your use:


Additional links:

Best,
Matthew Sugiyama
Elder Fraud Protection Advocate
Act to Change Youth Ambassador
AAPI Youth Rising Legislative Action Committee
Moraga Youth Involvement Committee Treasurer
(925) 208-9545 matthewgsw11@gmail.com

Final Comment: One of the attendees told me she was amazed and admired how this teenager is getting involved with a project that has worldwide importance. I felt the same way. If majority of our teenagers do what Matthew is doing, there is indeed a bright future   for our Youth here in California and in the US. My congratulations to the parents of Matthew as well.  Keep up with Good work, Matthew!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...